When the base course is completed the following surface treatment should be carried out in the good weather conditions :
Broom the surface of the base thoroughly to remove embedded dirt and rectify any crack.
- Apple by brush a tack coat consisting of 5
volumes of Duracourt Emulsion diluted with 1 volume of water which
should be allowed to dry partially before the Duracoat Mastic is laid
- Duracourt Mastic Mix consists of :
1. volume of [Portland] cement
2. volumes of Duracourt Emulsion
5. volumes of sharp sand
- The first layer of Duracourt Mastic/Filler coat shall be
applied to court surface lengthwise in continuous parallel lines and
spreading immediately with a rubber-faced squeeze and allowed to dry.
- After The first application of Duracourt Mastic has
dried, proceed to apply the second layer of filler coat breadthwise and
allow and allow to dry. The overall thickness for 2 layers of mastic is
The surface of the course should then be broomed
thoroughly to remove any embedded dirt and flushed with clean water.
The surface may be damp but not wet (no puddles) when the following
treatment is carried out.
- Apply by brush, 2 coats Duracourt Decogreen. Allow the
first coat to dry before the second coat is applied. Duracourt Deco
must be diluted with water before use.
- The lines should then be drawn using Duracourt Decowhite.
When the above work is completed the court should be closed to traffic
for a period of 5-7 days, so that the application can dry out
The above suggested specifications is also suitable for the surfacing of outdoor court.
- nder suitable conditions
the Duracourt Mastic Mix is also suitable for surface treatment over
existing reinforced concrete surface surface and asphaltic surface.